COURT REPORTERS ASSOCIATION
VOLUNTARY CERTIFICATION PROGRAM
GUIDELINES FOR OBTAINING CEUs
Section 9-A: CEUs may be obtained
from the following resources:
- Any CEUs accrued under the auspices of KyCRA-sponsored
or NCRA-sponsored events, classes, seminars, projects or activities.
- Classes taken at state or community colleges will
accrue at 1.5 CEUs per credit hour per semester.
- If a reporter obtains CEUs through a non-NCRA or
non-KyCRA-sponsored event and the reporter would like credits applied
towards their KY-CCR, a fee of $25.00 shall accompany the application.
- Any CEUs that are applied toward an NCRA certification
will be applied to a reporter's CCR certification without charge. It is
the responsibility of each CCR certificate holder to provide documentation
of CEUs that have been applied to an NCRA certification.
- Granting of .1 CEU per one hour of pro bono services
provided to a non-KyCRA-sponsored event or organization that promotes the
professions of court reporting, CART, and captioning. The $25 fee
shall be waived. Board membership, including committee membership,
is not defined as a pro bono service. A maximum of 1.0 CEU per
three-year cycle may be obtained for pro bono services provided.
Be sure to have the Pro Bono CEU Application
completed at the time of service.